Sunday, December 04, 2005

Mortal Kombat video

Click to view a homemade Mortal Kombat Theme video in a new window.

I'm not saying this is hilarious all the way through, or that it doesn't have its weak moments, but I applaud any two young men who take the time to choreograph their own Mortal Kombat video, complete with bitten-off heads and the lightning ray. Come on, you gotta respect that, even if the part where the guy is just moving his tongue back and forth is a little odd. Still, how can you not laugh at their version of Sonja?

This is one of those times where I out myself as being A) kind of a geek and B) about nine years past my teenaged prime. But I admit it: not only did this video make me laugh, I also fondly remember Sonja and the gang. My friends and I used to play Mortal Kombat all the time in high school.

My favorite move was where that one guy would throw out a fish hook, spear the other person, and drag them over to him, saying "GET OVER HERE!" in a very authoritative, I've-got-a-fish-hook-in-you-so-you-better-listen voice. Then ... when the victim was dragged as close as possible ... then came the upper cut.

This is proof that older people (yes, even at 25 I am an older person, especially when it comes to video games) just naturally like to talk about how the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Here I sit, grouching about how games like GTA are totally screwing kids up (although GTA is a great adult game--I just think the ratings system should be USED by parents), and then I remember that I used to stick fish hooks in people on a daily basis at the age of fourteen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home